The Group Fitness Course is the practical module to becoming a registered BCRPA Group Fitness Instructor. To register for this course, you must have completed a Fitness Theory course, passed the BCRPA exam and have a current CPR & first aid certification.
Please go to http://www.bcrpa.bc.ca for BCRPA’s steps to becoming a fitness leader. Current participation in fitness classes is an asset.
In this course you will be continually moving, and actively teaching fitness components.
You will learn:
- choreography & cueing
- use of music & a variety of equipment
- posture & safety
- class components & lesson planning
- leadership skills & adult learning
- various styles of classes including boot-camp
- by receiving feedback on teaching assignments
Participation Fee: $375
Includes a workbook